5 surprising and mouth watering concerts that will take you on a voyage through the classics of music.
A FIVE SEATED CARRIAGE : Louvre – Versailles
From Louis XIV to Louis XVI, only certain carriages were given the royal privilege of transporting nobles and the bourgeois between the Louvre and Versailles, on errands of business, arts, and honors. Le Concert impromptu brings to life the music of the royal theaters, chambers, chapels, and even dining halls of these two royal palaces, all in the time it would take a carriage to travel from one to the other.
- Jean-Baptiste LULLY, Marche pour la cérémonie des Turcs
- Jean-Philippe RAMEAU, Suite Les Boréales
- Marin MARAIS, Sonnerie de Sainte-Geneviève du Mont de Paris
- Michel-Richard DE LALANDE, Symphonies pour les soupers du roi
- François COUPERIN, Concerts royaux n°9 et 14
BEETHOVEN ACADEMY, LUDWIG BREWERY
In Vienna, Beethoven escaped his family’s control and proved to be a virtuoso pianist and genius composer. Embodying creative strength and artistic liberty, Beethoven performed, wrote, gave lessons and drank in Viennese breweries, where he composed many of his best-known works that were later to be performed during the prestigious “Academy” concerts.
- Ludwig van BEETHOVEN,Quartet d’après le septuor Op.20 en Mi b
- Ludwig van BEETHOVEN, Quartet Op. 18 n°4
- Ludwig VAN BEETHOVEN : Symphonie n°8, 2ème mouvement, Hommage à Mäelzel, inventeur du métronome
- Joseph HAYDN, Quartet Op.20 n°3
IMPRESSION RISING SUN
What does this canvas represent ? Impression ! Impression ! I was sure of it : I said to myself that since I was impressed, there has got to be Impression in it somewhere. Louis LEROY, art critic – Charivari 1874
• Emmanuel CHABRIER, Suite pastorale
• Maurice RAVEL, Laideronette impératrice des pagodes – Ma mère l’Oye
• Erik SATIE, Gymnopédies
• Claude DEBUSSY, Nocturnes
CHARLES BRIDGE – MARIE BRIDGE, from one bridge to another
This concert takes us through the streets of Prague and Paris, invites us to cross the Seine and the Moldau with the melodies of Smetana, Debussy, Dvorak, and Mozart. From one bridge to another, from Charles to Marie, Carl-Maria von Weber reminds us that, as director of the Prague Opera, he was a passionate creator of music for wind instruments
- Bedrich SMETANA, La Moldau
- Claude Debussy, En bateau, Cortège, Ballet
- Carl Maria von WEBER, Fantasia op; 34 pour quintette
- Wolfgang Amadeus MOZART, Don Giovanni, La ci darem la mano, Air de Zerline
A fine epicurean, Rossini was quite the culinary innovator with his foie gras tournedos and his William Tell apple tart. Music is full of flavourful cuisine: some sing a king’s feast, others put eccentric dishes to music, but all praise the refined pleasure of a good meal. A tasty concert to be consumed without moderation.
- Gioachino ROSSINI, Ouverture de Guillaume Tell
- Jean-Baptiste LULLY, Thésée, Air de Bacchus
- Jean-Philippe RAMEAU, ” Avec du vin, endormons-nous “
- Georges BIZET, Le docteur Miracle, quatuor de l’omelette
- Hector BERLIOZ, Chasse à la grosse bête
- Erik SATIE, Trois morceaux en forme de poire
- Erik SATIE, Valse du chocolat aux amandes
Did you know that a beautiful classical concert has miraculous effects on the audience?
From the production of soothing endorphins to dopamine, the pleasure hormone, the thousand and one benefits of a live classical performance can be shared by all and without moderation!
Le Concert Impromptu plays standing up and from memory, shaking both body and spirit to release their virtuosity, creativity and share their emotions with the audience!
Everywhere, the five virtuosos of the flute, oboe, clarinet, horn and bassoon summon the unexpected in the form of improvisations and quotes, to create a union of poetry and music: a magical moment that enchants the listener.
Discover below our current artistic offering, watch our live videos and dive into our themed playlists.
Let’s come up with your next classical concert together for both your enjoyment and that of your audience.
“”A real treat!”
“Like a zephyr in the heart of summer.”
Air France Magazine
+ 33(0) 1 45 21 04 47
+33(0) 6 74 18 26 43
+ 33(0) 1 45 21 04 47
LE CONCERT IMPROMPTU
69 Avenue Danielle Casanova
94200 Ivry sur Seine , FRANCE
+(33)1 45 21 04 47
Le Concert Impromptu is sponsored by the Ministry of Culture and Communication/DRAC Ile-de-France under the set of agreements. With the support of the Regional Council of Val-de-Marne and the city of Ivry-sur-Seine. A recognised organisation of public interest.
Adami manages and advances the rights of performers in France and around the world. It also supports them financially and for their projects of creation and diffusion.