Le Concert Impromptu: a virtuoso ensemble
Founded in 1991, Le Concert Impromptu is one of the greatest French chamber music ensembles on national and international stages.
Devoted to the repertoire and growth of the wind quintet, the concert explores an eclectic universe, deploying new forms of dramatic composition with the creation of its own “cross-genre operas”.
Encouraged by the great flutist Michel Debost, Yves Charpentier founded Le Concert Impromptu in 1989. He remains the artistic director. He has initiated numerous projects with artists seeking to create new musical collaborations for the stage. Collector of paintings and fervent reader of contemporary poetry, he writes music to play solo or with Le Concert Impromptu.
• 1st Prize of Flute Virtuosos from the Geneva Conservatory of Music, first named, class of JeanClaude Hermenjat
• Laureate of the International Chamber Music Competition of Martigny (Switzerland)
• Winner of the Robert Laurent Vibert Foundation
oboe, dance and artistic direction
Trained by Maurice Bourgue and Alexei Ogrintchouk at the Geneva Haute Ecole de Musique, Violaine Dufès receives her solo master with distinction and the “Raymond Weill” special prize. She is also distinguished by her classical dance (Conservatory of Nîmes) and contemporary dance (Conservatoire à Rayonnement Régional of Lyon). Committed to delving into this dialogue between disciplines, Violaine Dufès has been artistic director and choreographer for various concerts and performances of Le Concert Impromptu.
• Master oboe soloist at the Geneva Haute Ecole de Musique, Maurice Bourgue and Alexei Ogrintchouk class
• Diploma in Classical and Contemporary Dance at the Conservatory of Nîmes and Conservatoire à Rayonnement Régional of Lyon
• Special Prize from the Board of Examiners at the Ferlendis International Competition in Italy
Trained by two “contemporary” clarinet performers, Armand Angster and Jacques di Donato, Jean-Christophe Murer also collaborates with composers who have shaped our generation: Gilbert Amy, Pascal Dusapin and Helmut Lachenmann.
He plays with Louis Sclavis, Angélique Ionatos and happily arranges for Le Concert Impromptu the musics of Debussy and Gil Evans.
• National Diploma, National Conservatory of Music of Lyon
Trained by Afonso Venturieri at the Geneva Haute Ecole de Musique, Pierre Fatus obtained his orchestra master’s degree by simultaneously participating in the musical seasons of the Orchestre de Suisse Romande and the Ensemble Contrechamps. In addition to his experience in chamber music and orchestras, he added an course in teaching which led to a second master’s degree. His studies allowed him to participate in the Erasmus programme at the Hochschule Stuttgart in Prof. Mark Engelhardt. He joined Le Concert Impromptu in January 2018.
• Master of instruments and teaching at the Geneva Haute Ecole de Musique, Afonso Venturieri class
“Un ensemble passionnant !”
+ 33(0) 1 45 21 04 47
+33(0) 6 38 40 91 11
+ 33(0) 1 45 21 04 47
+33(0) 7 85 17 96 31
LE CONCERT IMPROMPTU
69 Avenue Danielle Casanova
94200 Ivry sur Seine , FRANCE
+(33)1 45 21 04 47
Le Concert Impromptu is sponsored by the Ministry of Culture and Communication/DRAC Ile-de-France under the set of agreements. With the support of the Regional Council of Val-de-Marne and the city of Ivry-sur-Seine. A recognised organisation of public interest.
Adami manages and advances the rights of performers in France and around the world. It also supports them financially and for their projects of creation and diffusion.